News and Events
Workforce Development Seminar
Thursday, January 23, 2014
Institute for Economic Advancement – Room 450, Reynolds Bldg
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Little Rock, Arkansas
Successful workforce development requires an effective strategy, leveraging of relationships, and an understanding of your region’s labor market. In this workshop you will gain an understanding of some tools and strategies essential for workforce development and how to apply them.
- Program Check-in: 9:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Program Hours: 10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (Includes Lunch)
- Practicum: 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m
- Organizing Workforce Development for Success
- The VIP Workforce Strategies for Employers
- Industry Clusters as a Workforce Development Strategy
- ONTHEMAP, A Workforce Development Tool
- ONTHEMAP Practicum (Lab)
- Ray Henson, Arkansas Department of Career Education
- Jon Harrison, VIP2
- Michael Gerfen, Institute for Economic Advancement
- Denise Leeson Provost, Institute for Economic Advancement
Registration Fee $90 (Includes Lunch)
2013 Arkansas Economic Forecast Conference
Great Hall at the Clinton Presidential Center
Wednesday, November 6, 2013,
10AM - 1:15 PM.
Online registration required
Cost is $85 paid in full by November 1, 2013 or $115 after registration deadline.
Updated the County Population Charts for 1980-2030
Demographic research has updated the County Population Charts for 1980-2030 Time Series using Census Bureau’s population revisions for 2001-2010. These population revisions have also been used in a post evaluation of the forecast accuracy of the 2001-2010 county population projections. A report discussing the findings from this study is now available online.
Community Analysis for Economic Development
Community Assessments and Tools of the Trade
Wednesday, October 23rd
Arkansas Community Development Society Annual Conference
Successful communities understand their strengths and weaknesses, and have the team who can analyze and interpret community activity. In this workshop you will gain an understanding of the tools and techniques essential for conducting a community assessment and effectively analyzing your community’s situation for planning and development purposes.