5 Top Assessment-Taking Strategies
Since taking timed assessments causes anxiety for many we have provided a list of strategies to support you as you prepare to take your assessments.
- Arrive ten minutes early to avoid feeling rushed.
- Bring a calculator you are familiar with for the math assessment.
- Relax, assessment anxiety can only limit your success!
- Listen to, read carefully, and follow all instructions because more questions are missed due to misunderstanding the question than for any other reason.
- When unsure of the answer, make educated guesses when responding to multiple-choice questions. Usually two out of four available choices can be easily eliminated.
- Answer all questions on the assessment. Your score is based on the number of correct answers you provide rather than wrong answers or unanswered questions.